Here’s a little twist on the typical recipe for deviled eggs. The sour cream, dijon mustard, basil and white wine vinegar give these eggs an elegant flavor profile. Garnished with smoked paprika and chives, these are a pretty Spring hors d’oeuvre.
Deviled Easter Eggs
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, divided
- 2 teaspoons smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish each egg with a pinch of smoked paprika and a cilantro leaf or chopped green onions
- Boil eggs, chill in ice bath for 10 minutes.
- Slice eggs in half.
- Remove yolks to medium prep bowl.
- Save half of the green onions for garnish.
- Add remaining ingredients, mashing together until thoroughly combined.
- Place mixture into plastic baggy, into one corner. Twist bag closed and cut the corner of the baggy off.
- Place egg whites on serving dish.
- Pipe yolk mixture into egg whites. Top with green onions.